Thank you so much to everyone who joined in on our very first challenge. We have really been looking forward to doing it again and hope you will all join in once more.
What is a Castor Oil Challenge?
The aim of the challenge is to use castor oil as an aid in growing/thickening your hair by using it at least three times a week in various ways. This challenge will last 3 months. Here are some ways you can use castor oil on your hair.
* Daily Maintenance: Apply small amounts of Jamaican Black Castor Oil daily to your hair roots and scalp. Then massage the oil into your scalp using your ﬁnger tips. You can leave the oil on your scalp overnight. Shampoo out in the morning.
* Once per week use Jamaican Black Castor Oil as a Hot Oil Treatment .
* Add it to your deep conditioner as a moisturising agent.
* Seal moisture on the ends, prevents the moisture leaving the hair easily after it has been applied.
What's the big deal about Castor Oil?
Castor Oil is known to have anti-inflammatory and anti bacterial properties and is a source of rinoleic acid and many essential fatty acids. It can be used to combat hair loss, treat scalp infection, helps treat split ends, conditions, moisturises, encourages hair growth and give the appearance of thicker hair.
How To Enter?
Facebook AfroDeity Castor Oil Challenge Group
Pinterest AfroDeity Castor Oil Challenge Board
Everyone is able to join. All races, all hair styles, all lengths are able to take part in this challenge!
* Protective Styles, Relaxed, Locs, Weave, Extensions, Twists, Braids, Natural, please join us.
* Open to everyone, AfroDeity is based in the UK but we want to hear from everyone who is interested in maintaining their hair.
* You can buy Jamaican Black Castor Oil from your local Afro Caribbean Hair & Beauty store or from the AfroDeity Store.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Check out the Facebook group and Pinterest Board for pics from our last challenge.
Deadline for entry: November 1st 2013
Frequency: Use at least 3 times a week (hot oil treatment, daily maintenance, add to conditioner or prepoo) and check in so we can see how you are doing.
For those of you wanting to add these to your blog, facebook page, pinterest board or twitter, here is a badge for you to use:
<a href="http://www.afrodeity.co.uk/2013/10/afrodeity-castor-oil-challenge-take-2.html"><img src="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G3Tzo0OIMh0/Ukv_m6lpv0I/AAAAAAAACzE/MNq8hufG7Ys/s1600/Castor+Oil+Challenge+November.png"/></a>